Read the Full Press Release
Broadband Press Release
Madison County is working in partnership with All Points Broadband to help fund construction of a fiber-to-the-home broadband network to bring internet access to approximately 5,554 unserved residents and businesses in rural parts of our County. All Points Broadband will be using the collected data to begin to apply for grants on behalf of Madison County to support construction of the all fiber network to expand broadband access to every citizen in Madison County.
- Approximately 5,554 addresses are included in the project.
- If an address is currently served by another wired provider (such as Spectrum, AT&T, Windstream or Metronet) today, it is not eligible for this project.
- Residents and businesses can determine whether their address is included in the project by registering on the Madison Connect Lookup Tool - Powered by All Points Broadband.
- If the result of the address is ‘Your Zone: Madison County KY’, the address is included in the project.
- Madison Connect Lookup Tool validation survey (EXTENDED).
- Network design presentation September 2022
- Determine financial investment of ARPA funds in September 2022.
- All Points Broadband will notify residents and businesses through their marketing channels leading up to service availability.
- The monthly price of service is expected to be similar to what is offered from other cable and fiber-optic internet service providers. Final pricing will be established before construction begins and will be communicated to interested customers.
- Most installations will be above ground and will follow the path of the existing electric service.
- No resident or business in the project area is required to adopt this service for their property.
- A 12-month commitment from service turn up is required to purchase service. Madison County Government is not responsible for providing broadband services, does not collect broadband service fees, and has no authority to determine or revise fees set by service providers.
The County plans to begin submitting for grant applications in Late Summer.